Dear Island School Students and Parents,
Congratulations again on your acceptance to The Island School! This email outlines our required enrollment forms. We suggest that you begin to tackle these early.
As you prepare to study in a new country, we ask that you follow these steps carefully, and with attention to each detail. Working together, we can make sure that your arrival is not delayed by paperwork! Please complete all 6 steps below and mail the documents to our Lawrenceville, NJ office no later than Monday, June 2nd.
We must receive all of the original signed documents (not copies). You will want to make a photocopy or scan of each document you mail to us to keep for your records.
1. Schedule a physical exam with your doctor. A standard physical examination performed by a doctor is required of all students. In order to pre-qualify for diving, a form requiring your doctor’s signature is part of the PADI Medical Statement. Please print, fill out, and sign the PADI Dive Forms and Medical Statement, then take these forms to your doctor at the time of your physical in order to obtain his or her signature. The original, signed document must be mailed to our NJ office.
2. Get 2 Passport sized Photos. Passport photos must be 2 inches x 2 inches square on genuine photo paper (not regular printer paper) with a white background. Mail to our NJ office.
3. Make 2 photocopies of the picture page of the student’s valid and current passport. Mail to our NJ office.
4. Obtain a Diver’s Alert Network ID Number. Please fill out the information asked for in The Island School Participant Insurance Information. You will need to follow the instructions on the 2nd page in order to obtain your DAN number. Remember to go back and fill that number into the space on the first page. When you have completed the form, return to the second page and hit “Submit”. You may wish to print a copy for your records.
5. Sign and date The Island School Liability and Risk Agreement. Both Participant and Guardian must sign and date The Island School Liability and Risk Agreement and then hit “Submit”. You may wish to print a copy for your records.
6. Fill out, sign and date The Island School Health History Form. Please fill out the information asked for in The Island School Participant Health History Form. When you have completed the form, hit “Submit”. You may wish to print a copy for your records.
The original, signed documents of the following must be mailed to our office by June 2, 2014:
1. The PADI Dive Forms and Medical Statement
2. 2 Passport Photos (2×2) on a white background.
3. 2 copies of the picture page of the participant’s passport
Once you have taken care of the steps above please mail the necessary documents to our office at:
The Island School
PO Box 6008
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
We will continue to be in contact with you by email—please do not hesitate to be in touch with any questions.
All the best,
The Island School Team