Alumni Directors Lead Us
Do you want to be part of our board of directors and play a significant role in the vision, direction and future of the organization? We are reaching out to all Island School, Cape Eleuthera Institute, Gap Year, and Deep Creek Middle School alumni, and others with significant connection to us who would like to invest in leading the organization.
You Can Join In
Alumni directors in the past have:
- At least two years of work experience
- Demonstrated service to the place after their student or volunteer experience at Cape Eleuthera
- Skill set or demonstrated interest relevant to our work
- Consistent participation in the annual alumni giving campaign
- Acknowledged the financial obligations around travel to meetings and other board engagements (travel assistance is available for young alumni directors)
On expectations and timing: you'll attend the three in person board meetings - January in Florida, April on Eleuthera, October in Boston - and you'll make a gift commitment in line with your philanthropic budget. We prefer to know about your interest in March for a summer start to a three year term, with a first meeting in October.
We ask you to reach out to us by email: email@example.com. We'll share some sense of how the board operates and what it might mean for you. After you've spoken with a member of both the foundation and board, if it's something you'd still consider, we'll let you know what materials to submit to join the pool for consideration. We have a limited number of spots and fill them according to the timing, skills, and background that best fit the needs of the board.