Dear Island School Students & Parents,
Congratulations again on your acceptance to The Island School! This page outlines our required enrollment forms. We suggest that you begin to tackle these soon! As you prepare to study in a new country, we ask that you follow these steps carefully, and with attention to each detail. Working together, we can make sure that your arrival is not delayed by paperwork!
Below, you will see there are forms that need to be scanned and returned via email and others which require an online submission. All of the steps below must be completed no later than Friday, May 31st.
Forms to be scanned & emailed:
*You will want to make a photocopy or scan of each document you send to us to keep for your own records.
1. PADI Dive Forms and Medical Statement: Please schedule a physical exam with your doctor. A standard physical examination performed by a doctor is required of all students for the Bahamas immigration purposes. Conveniently, in order to pre-qualify for diving, a form requiring your doctor’s signature is part of the PADI Medical Statement, so we meet two requirements with the same form. Please print, fill out, and sign the PADI Dive Forms and Medical Statement, then take these forms to your doctor at the time of your physical in order to obtain his or her signature.
2. Make 2 photocopies of the picture page of the student’s valid and current passport.
Once you have taken care of the steps above, please email the necessary documents to email@example.com with your child’s name as the subject line.
Forms to be submitted online:
1. Obtain a Diver’s Alert Network ID Number. Please fill out The Island School Participant Insurance Information. You will need to follow the instructions on the 2nd page in order to obtain your DAN number. Remember to go back and fill that number into the space on the first page. When you have completed the form, return to the second page and hit “Submit”. Please print a copy for your own records.
All of our students are required to have purchase both the DAN Preferred Membership, which includes DAN Dive Accident Insurance which covers evacuation and any medical care for a diving or snorkeling accident as well as evacuation coverage for any other medical situation that requires evacuation with $10,000 in covered medical costs. The cost of this is $75. *Please note if you reside in Vermont, the Preferred Membership is not an option, the Guardian Membership is equivalent.
If you are planning to attend our Parent’s Weekend, we request that any Island School visitor over Parents Weekend register and purchase the a DAN Membership. We recommend purchasing a DAN Family Membership ($55), which allows all family members, including your student attending The Island School, to be covered under this insurance. This membership covers evacuation costs for diving and non-diving emergency medical evacuation. It does not cover the hospitalization costs as your child's preferred coverage does. We do not have a hospital on Eleuthera so this is a necessary protection in case of any type of illness or accident that requires hospital medical care occurs whiles on Eleuthera. In order to participate in the activities of Parents Weekend, we will ask you to provide proof of a DAN Membership. If you are planning to dive during Parent’s Weekend, we will ask that each individual planning to dive also purchases the DAN Preferred Membership Dive Accident insurance.
You can find additional information on each DAN Membership and review the individual or family packages here. Information regarding evacuation can be found under the “benefits” section.
*Please note: When purchasing your membership, please list 447558 as your referral code from The Island School
2. Sign and date the Cape Eleuthera Island School Acknowledgement of Risk Agreement. Both Participant and Guardian must sign and date the Acknowledgement of Risk and Liability Waiver. Please print a copy for your own records.
3. Fill out, sign and date The Island School Health History Form. Please print a copy for your own records.
Here is an Enrollment Forms Checklist to use as a guide. Please print this out and check off as you complete each step so you know what forms to submit and how. All forms are to be completed and sent/submitted by Friday, May 31st.
Please do not hesitate to be in touch with any questions.
All the best,
The Island School Admissions Team
(866) 730-6624 | firstname.lastname@example.org